Who We Are
Calgary First Church of the Nazarene, which began in 1911, has a long and rich history. In 2002, we relocated to our beautiful new campus just off of Glenmore Trail in the city's southwest, within walking distance of Mount Royal University and the communities of Lincoln Park and Garrison Green.
Our mission is to make Christ-like disciples with a heart for God and a passion for people, by placing a strong emphasis on prayer, outreach, and supporting individuals to grow in their faith. Everyone is welcome.
Making Christ-like Disciples in the Nations
The Nazarene Church is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Organized in 1908, the denomination is now home to about 2.3 million members worshipping in more than 29,000 local congregations in 159 world areas.
These are the core beliefs upon which the Church of the Nazarene builds its doctrinal system and practice:
- We believe in one God - the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race, and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgement will take place.