Join us for a week of daily master classes, combo sessions, workshops and jam sessions for students 14 years and older. Adults as well as classical performers or educators interested in expanding their abilities in jazz are also welcome. This is an opportunity for anyone wanting to develop as jazz performers and composers.
There will be daily concerts by the faculty. The Friday, August 24 concert will feature all of the participants with their combos.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL:
1. Perform in a combo or ensemble led by one of the faculty members.
2. Receive daily master classes on their instrument by experienced jazz performers and instructors.
3. Hear daily performances by the faculty.
4. Receive daily workshops featuring special topics like jazz improvisation, jazz composition, jazz history, jazz theory and more.
5. Have an opportunity to play with all other participants as part of daily jam sessions.
6. Perform in the final concert.